8.31.2016

Crazy Dogs - Tim Holtz

Hello again,
I am always surprised when I simply can not keep posting during the school year. Each year, I honestly think that I can teach full-time AND continue to craft and post each week! And...each year I am disappointed in myself for not being able to do it. Silly, huh? What is this, year 5?

I caved. I LOVE cats, but I am not as excited about the CRAZY cat stamps as I am about the CRAZY dog set!!
Weird, huh?
I bought them as soon as I could. THEN they sat in my craft room each week taunting me!  So, What do you think!?! Please keep in mind, I am SO learning water coloring techniques.

Directions: First I stamped the dog onto watercolor paper with Simon Says stamp Intense Black ink, and with a paint brush and distress inks, I painted in the dog using scattered Straw, Mermaid Lagoon and Picked Raspberry. The hash-marks helped with the shadows and the shading (something I am SO not good at...yet). I even took some burlap and created a grassy area around his feet.  


I have a challenge I want to enter this in, so I hurried to post this. I know I have a lot to learn, but I am so pleased with the results. Only 5 more dogs to go!  TEE HE!

Challenge:

Live Love Cards - Happy Birthday - August Challenge

More to come!
Cindy


3 comments:

  1. Love how this card elicits a smile, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/01/2016

    You should be proud of this card - you did a great job!...no one would know you are just learning to watercolour!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you finally caved in and used the stamp set that had been taunting you. ;) Your card is adorable..... plus I needed the inspiration (being another buyer who has yet to use the Crazy Dogs stamp set she purchased). To my credit, I only purchased it a week ago while on vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!