8.01.2016

A new Paint Brush makes such a difference!

Hello, and welcome back!
I have been trying my hand at water coloring. I watch videos of how other very talented card makers paint such detailed stamps with such simplicity. I thought, man, can a artistic leveled paint brush make that much of a difference? Take a look....


   I was so proud of myself! The pink is picked raspberries, and the blue is peacock feathers. Guess what the purple color is? I simply mixed the two colors together! It is my purple!! :) I love the variation of color from the centers of the butterflies to the edges. I guess the professional brushes are TOTALLY worth it! who know $12 could do all this!  lol


I stamped the butterfly several times using a masking tape mask with black ink. This card stock is actually ivory Stampin' Up! I love the warmth it gives the card. It isn't stark white like my solar white Neenah card stock. Then I simply painted each section of the butterflies with distress ink placing more emphasis on the edges than the centers. Last I stamped the sentiment with my MISTI. LOVE IT!


Challenges:
Simon Says:  ANYTHING GOES

Card Recipe:
Paper: Ivory from SU!, various other from stock
Stamps: Butterfly - Penny Black, "Free Flight", Sentiment - Stampendous "Precious Gift" (retired)
Ink: Distress inks Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, and a mix of both to create purple.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous butterflies. Love the movement on the card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card... and great saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quality brushes seem to work out perfectly! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a good job with your colouring and love your purple!! And I can see what you mean about the soft CS colour. I used white ALOT and it is a bit stark sometimes, so this is good to know. Thanks so much for joining us at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty- love the watercoloring, and loving that you mixed 2 colors to make a third. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card..love the colours of the butterflies...

    ReplyDelete

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!