7.10.2016

Birthday Present to myself! Vintage Roses Altenew stamps

Hello again, thanks for stopping by,
I gave myself a present since my birthday was next week. Altenew was having a very RARE sale and discounted shipping, so I ordered a stamp set and the matching dies - entitled "Vintage Roses".  I have been eyeing this set for a while, and just couldn't think of anything else I wanted more!

Vintage Roses by Altenew

I was SO excited when it arrived. I had to play with the roses, and download and print out the "cheat sheets" so that I could create the roses correctly. OMG, which inks do I use? Which colors work best? TOO many to choose from. So, I searched google, and only found combinations of ALTENEW's inks (makes sense, right?) But, I don't own any of their inks. So I looked for Stampin' Up combinations....didn't find any! Time to get inky! Here is my creation:

Vintage Roses by Altenew
Vintage Roses by Altenew color combinations


My favorite combinations are the starred ones.  I tried all sorts of colors together. Of course, the same brand of ink looked the best together. I know my handwriting is horrible, but you get the idea. I even tried using one ink three times (in the lower left corner) Yuck. I got so excited about my trial and error color combinations, I haven't even created a card yet! Which ones do you like?Soon to come.

2 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous set, Cindy! I can't wait to see what you create with it! My favorite color combo here is the Rose Bud, Lilac Poises, and Wild Plum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, these were sold out by the time I got there.... : ( Beautiful- Happy B-day belated. I love pinks, so really love the bottom 2 on the rt. Love, Love!

    ReplyDelete

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!