6.18.2016

Summer Vacation - Sort of

Summer Vacation is here!
I am off to a slow start, things are a bit rocky over here. Please keep us in your prayers. This summer is a bit shorter than others by two weeks. You would think I would use my time more wisely, huh? I will get there. Anyway... As I was searching through my favorite blogs challenges, I was inspired for these two cards.


Wow, you can't tell the card bases are different colors! The left one has a black base, the right one has a dark purple base.  I use three different distress inks in the stamping and in the background. I really wish you could see the sparkle on the left one, I sprayed it with simmer mist.

Here's How:
On a piece of Neenah white cardstock, I stamped the flowers three times with versamark ink, and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. then I filled in the background with three different distress inks using my ink blender. (Salty Ocean, Peacock feathers and Blueprint sketch). Then I stamped two with salty Ocean, and two flowers with Blueprint Sketch to show depth using my MISTI.  I may have used purple distress ink around the edges too. I love purple! No masking involved.

I entered the top card into one lonely challenge:

Seize the Birthday - Happy birthday

Thanks for stopping in. More to come!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/19/2016

    that is such a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how these turned out. Are the white flowers masked? Or embossed 1st. You should do a tutorial. I would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with ya sista.....I can't believe we are loosing two weeks of summer!! It is going to fly by! I work in the school system and feel your pain! Anyhoo, we have to make the most of it! These cards would make a great variety pack to give away! Super, super card Cindy! Thanks for playing along with the girls and I over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Losing....UGH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love how you did the blue panel. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!