6.20.2012

Featured Technique: Blending with Masking

Welcome,
For this duo I cannot take credit for the idea. I leaned on another artist for inspiration for these; Darlene. I love the simplicity of this card, and how it can be used for many occasions.

For Duo #1 - I used light tack masking tape (my husband uses it in his line of work, I borrowed it from him) to frame one inch around the card. With bashful blue, pretty in pink, and certainly celery I blended the three in order with my blending tool. I used a tiny butterfly punch to punch out the three butterflies and used a black marker to create the path and the border.

For Duo #2 -  I re-used the same pieces of masking tape to create the frame. I blended dusty concord and worn lipstick distress ink with pacific point to create the background. I found a little foot punch that was in my "sell" pile, and decided to imitate two friends walking along side together for this card. I used the darker colors to give the impression of harder times. (did it work?) Again I used a black marker to create a random frame. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!