1.27.2019

Turning the Corner...

Welcome back,

I am so glad you dropped in. I have been really intrigued with the more mixed media/grunge/steam punk look of stamping recently. I have been totally entranced with all the new releases at Creativation 2019 from Tim Holtz all the companies that he designs for. I watched all the facebook lives and drool over all the new products and designs that are coming on the market!

Although I can't own them all, I have a nice little stash of goodies that I am learning with. Take a look at today's creation!


JUST A THOUGHT:  I have been doing a lot of video watching, and blog reading about Art Journaling. The process of Art journaling never really interested me before. As I have mentioned before, I enjoy creating pieces that I can bless others with. Everything I create is turned into a card or gift of some form. I have passed by Art journaling previously because its end result is self-fulfilling. (i.e. I keep them) That makes it hard to share and it doesn't bless others.

However, I am growing as an artist, and my skills, techniques and subject matter are always changing and evolving. I am wondering if IN ADDITION to card-making (and scrapbooking) I could create a few art journal pages to play with ideas on a larger format rather than the very little card sizes.
I recently gave another look at Vicky Papaioannou art journaling style. She intrigues me. It took me a long time to assimilate her Greek accent, it was very difficult for me to understand at first. lol Her art style is very different than mine, but it is very controlled and I think I like that about it. I like the HAPPY PLANNER and hole punch that she uses for her journals. From what I can gather, she has notebooks, as well as several different sizes. (i.e.- 6 x 6 and 8 x 8) She mentioned she enjoys square journals. (huh) Just a direction I may venture into. Though I would share!

Here is another piece from the same background. Take a look:


I REALLY like these two pieces, and I am not sure I want to share them! So,  I may turn them into art for my craft room and keep them! (... I am a bit selfish after all) lol.
But before I do, I entered these into a few current challenges. Each one will take you there. I would love to know what you think!

1. Dragonfly Dreams
2. Fashionable Stamping
3. Love 2 Create
Leave a comment, I always return one!

3 comments:

  1. What stunning projects! I love the colours and the dimension no wonder you don't want to part with them!:)
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create! Jane (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - super gorgeous and the colors are a burst of joy. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://welove2create.blogspot.com/2019/01/challenge-1-anything-goes-at-love-2.html Wow such a beautifull project, love it Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!