1.21.2019

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Alcohol

Welcome Back,
I am off of school today for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I thought I would join another great challenge! I am trying my hand at a look that is a bit out of my comfort zone. I think it could grow on my though. Take a look:

I can't say that this is my original idea. I took this look from a Journal entry created by: Vicky Papaioannou Click here. I think I am warming up to her style! Her style is very controlled, and that appeals to me. :) They background is done with alcohol inks and straw. I used my stencils and the Alcohol lift ink pad with a foam pad to lift-away some of the background.  The butterflies provided my focal point. (I need to fussy cut better...huh) 




I am so glad to spend more time in my craft room today. I am getting more comfortable with my Tim Holtz products, and I keep finding more items I want (isn't it always that way?) Good thing I have a local stamp expo coming to town next month. Better start saving my pennies. Thanks for dropping by.

2 comments:

  1. I love what you have done. Alcohol inks are somewhat hard for me and what you have shown and shared here has made me think about some more possibilities.

    Diana @ Playing
    https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely soft background and such a popping up butterflies. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!