1.19.2019

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Recycle



https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=15322
Welcome Back!
I am excited to be able to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I have been enjoying my grunge-side of my cardmaking lately. My school just had a local law firm donate a bunch of furniture, chairs and TONS of office supplies to my school (I am a math teacher). Amongst the piles of office supplies was a entire box of dividers that had been removed from years of filing. I grabbed them quick! The dividers were white, but a bit on the cardstock side.  RECYCLE! Take a look:


I started the background with picket fence paint and Tim Holtz alphabet stencil on the recycled divider. Once dried, I blended a handful of bright distress inks. (picked Raspberries, Wilted Violet, Wild Honey and couple others along with a brown around the edges.) I used a handful of other stencils and stamps in the background. I placed the sentiment first and heat embossed it, so that I would room for it!  lol

The wild flowers are mostly Tim Holtz, but I just purchased CottageCuts wildflower die sets. They are awesome! They come with cute dragonflies and hummingbirds! Anyway, I used the technique from Jennifer McGuire to place all the flowers. She uses GLAD Press and Seal to lift all the small pieces and keep them in place. Then I can put glue all over the back-sides of the small pieces, and then place it back in place. What a great time saver! 


Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card, love the gorgeous colors and the black silhoutte flowers are amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!