7.19.2018

New sharing kindness project!

Hello, and welcome back!
In all my wisdom, and endless time I made a project for myself. I am going to try my best to complete it. (it's a bit daunting...just a bit) Let me explain:
     I enjoy sending birthday and anniversary cards to all my friends and family. (in all, about 20 people) I know, I know, I need to get out more. So I realized that one of our office staff put all the teachers and faculty birthdays on the yearly calendar for the middle school I work at. (do you see where I am going with this?) Yup! I am going to share birthday cards with everyone who WORKS at my middle school. I can't do some co-workers, and not all.... C'mon now! (deep breath) That is close to 80 cards, I believe. So, needless to say, I am creating all sorts of birthday cards this summer to give during the year.
Here they are, I make several at a time:


 Card 1 - Using a balloon stencil, I played around with several one layer balloon backgrounds. I used the same colors of distress inks (picked raspberry, fossilized amber, mermaid lagoon,  wilted violet and evergreen bough)


I just purchased this happy die from Pink and Main that came with the outline die as well (love it!) I cut the happy out of black cardstock and the outline with heavy vellum. I added a cute pattern strip at the bottom to finish it off.





 Card 2 - I used the same distress colors, and I flicked water on a few of them. I understand now that if you do not cover your card well enough, water BEFORE distress ink makes a dark spot! (oops) I used off white glitter paper do make it pop. Same cute patterned strip at the bottom.






 card 3 - With this one, I tried just white cardstock for the die cut. It was just too plain. I heat embossed it to give it some dimension. I think I should have layered it. Next time.





Card 4 - My favorite things sent me this cute free gift with my order! I have one single balloon die cut now! With this in mind I decided to blend distress inks on a white panel and place the die cuts on top!  I was pleased with the outcome. I am having trouble with white panels coming out of my big shot with black specks on it! It's very frustrating! I tried wiping down my cutting plates.


See the black specks? Gotta fix that!




Thanks for dropping by. Please leave a comment. It would make my whole day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!