12.31.2015

New Year, New ME!

Hey strangers,
I know, I know...it's been a VERY long time. I dusted off my craft room, and got my fingers inky today. I think I found my mojo! I think I can start creating again. I am not sure if I will be consistent, but it is NEW year's eve, and I would like to make a New Year's resolution to try!

I have been so focused on my teaching, that I was simply overwhelmed by the thought of being in my craft room. I decided to force myself out of my shell, and make complicated Christmas cards (and stupidly expensive too) They came out perfectly. I was very pleased. They were inspired by Jennifer McGuire's card: here.

 Here is my take:




THEN I decided to add more names and addresses to my yearly (2016 here I come) birthday spreadsheet. When I really looked at the list, I realized that many of the names are male, and OMG! I have no manly cards at all! So, I have to get busy! When in doubt, duplicate a card you have made previously!

That is exactly what I did! I duplicated two different designs all in one day. Take a look!


I even found a bit of inspiration to create one solo card:



Sorry, the pictures are blah......I couldn't get outside to shoot the images.

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Cindy!! I am loving that amazing moon and pines design! How gorgeous is that!!

    And, like you, when I find a design I love, I make up a pile of them to have ready to go when the need arises. There is masculine sympathy design I love which features a lighthouse.

    Both your female and male birthday cards are wonderful!! Great job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Cindy!! So glad to have you back crafting with us at the blogging group. You're hilarious, most of us struggle with masculine cards and you're a pro! This Jennifer McGuire inspired card came out gorgeous!! You're a very talented card maker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful cards and really like the masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year! You have come back in Style! Love those Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year! You have come back in Style! Love those Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Cindy, your cards are amazing! I'm super excited to be in the Creative Card Makin' Chicks group where you will inspire me again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa= your Mojo is back in full force! Love, love the Jen McG inspired card- how awesome! And, your really were inspired - lots of gorgeous card- wonderful masculine designs and Love that cute mouse one at the end too! Just back from traveling over the holiday- hope your Holidays were wonderful, and wishing you many blessings in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to duplicate the cards! I never have any male cards on hand. I love that adorable little mouse card too. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think all your cards are super. Love the CAS denim jean effect on the birthday cards. Thanks so much for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at The Male Room this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!