8.04.2013

Summer Coming to an End

Hey there!
     I hate to admit it, but my summer is coming to an end. I had teacher training all last week, (on the other side of the county) and I have more training starting tomorrow. I have little time to create let alone post. But I will not give up! I am determined to post once a week. I love all the creativity I have had this summer, and all the awesome work and progress I have put into my blog. I am at 9,000 hits in about 3 months. I think that is amazing. I have one follower (yeah!) but it is a start! Everyone has humble beginnings....right?

     I had time to create two cards. I am having a very difficult time with picture taking. I cannot tell if it is my camera, the light box, the angles, I have no idea. So, I wish very much to redo the photos, but I simply can't right now, or they will not get posted.
THANKS A BUNCH:
     I was clothes shopping at Bealls Outlet earlier in the week, because I had a coupon. I walked out of Bealls empty handed and KNEW that Michael's was RIGHT next door. I said "I walked out of Bealls without buying anything, I can go BROWSE in Michael's and not buy anything"......WRONG! I fell in love with this daisy stamp set from Stampendous called "Daisy Thanks".  I even had a coupon from Joann's. They took it! I got a $9.99 stamp set for $5.89. I was so impressed with myself. To color in the flowers, I wanted to use copics, but had no yellows in my collection....yet. (see....I said yet) so I used my inktense colored pencils and blended the colors. I love it!

DANDELIONS:
     I am following Heather on her blog because I love her clean and simple techniques and she adores Penny Black stamps....as do I now. She posted this card:  bits & pieces. I loved it, so I tried to emulate hers.  Here is mine. I am not so sure it works, but it is growing on me.  :)  I really kind avoid circles in my designs. I have such a tough time with them.  I thought about punching the dandelion heads out with a circle punch, but incorporated squares in it instead.  I know you can't see the shiny-ness of them, but I heat embossed all three several times with extra think embossing powder. (like heathers) Then took a marker and made the border.

Wish me luck at my training next week!



1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea of the flower heads as separate piece. I am getting such great ideas from you and others. I am just starting to stamp and make cards, now I just need more time to try everything. I hate the idea of summer coming to a close, like you do, but good luck in your training, (It is probably over since this a few days old)

    ReplyDelete

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!