3.24.2019

Spring break, over..... :(

Hello, and welcome back!
I am sad to report that my long-awaited spring break vacation is officially over tomorrow! (sigh)
But I did create a bit over the break. I overcame a creative block. I tried and tried to push through, but the block held until the end of the week, where upon inspiration, I conquered! Here is the card that inspired me!

This card was posted by  Cyndi Landrigan from the Tim Holtz Addicts FB group. She gave me permission to pin it - Click HERE to see it on Pinterest. If you would like to shop at her store, click HERE.

I created these backgrounds with distress inks and a handful of Tim Holtz stencils. I used Wild honey mostly. For the flowers I used Distress Oxide inks on a separate piece of cardstock and used mostly abandoned coral, picked raspberries, and cracked pistachio. (maybe a touch of wilted violet on the left one) and mounted them behind the die cut. The tricky part was not losing the tiny-weenie pieces from the die and re-attaching them to the flower once the backing was attached!

The sentiments are from TH, with the exception of the middle one....I believe that is a very old Hero Arts rubber stamp that I unmounted and I pull out occasionally.


 Here is a close up of the sentiments. I stamped with black ink, let dry, then stamped again with versa-mark ink and clear heat embossed them.


Thanks for stopping by, I have a few more cards I would like to share this week! Wish me luck, the next two months of teaching is going to be CRAZY!!! Leave a comment, it will make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!