3.13.2016

HLS March CAS Challenge


Hello again,

I am not sure how I missed this awesome technique. It is called the Faux Mother of Pearl look. Unfortunately, I don't own any pearl acrylic paint or liquid pearls as the true technique calls for, so I improvised with what I had. I had white embossing paste that I have only used a handful of times. So I thought "why not?" If it doesn't work, it doesn't work"


I have to say, I love the look, although I am not sure it is a true "faux mother of pearl" (if there is such a thing...lol)   This card was very hard for me, I do not do well with lots of white space! I am just so glad to be on spring break, and have enough energy to create Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. It worked and beautifully so!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great color and texture this gives, Cindy! It is so perfect with your die cut sentiment! What a wonderful card! I hope you have a fabulous spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colours and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work creating your own technique so you could play along. Great way to think outside the box - it looks fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not exactly sure what Fauz Mother of Pearl would like but your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bright and pretty! Love that you were able to use embossing paste to create the faux mother of pearl--very inventive!

    Toni
    HLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! I have heard of this technique, but have never tried it. I would have to improvise with supplies too, but it could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love the fab background- such wonderful color! Great card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great improvisation, Cindy ... the embossing paste worked a treat! Such a gorgeous vibrant panel ... I love it with all that glorious white space! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on this months challenge. Thank you for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!