1.23.2016

Old Stashed & forgotten backgrounds come to life!

With the weather being so cold, I got a chance to spend a few quiet evenings in my craft space. I took a few backgrounds that I created a LONG time ago, and finished them off with my new stamp set I recently purchased. I love it when a background you were frustrated with become a beautiful card. I also got the chance to cut more cardstock to form ready-to-go card bases and mats. It speeds up the finishing process SO much. I am actually running out of many vibrant colors of my cardstock stash!
one of a kind





This second set of Duos, I used my FOREVER favorite stamp and I...(deep breath)...I...UNMOUNTED it. This stamp is not in production anymore, and I will be so upset if something happens to it. But with it now unmounted, I was able to use it with my MISTI, and now was allowed to repeat stamp it onto water color paper and got beautiful results. It was so much fun, I had to do it again! 

This one came out wonderfully. I combined ink colors and made my own colors. I know you can't see the detail, but I used perfect pearls to give the butterflies a bit of simmer. The card is shimmery in your hands. The top butterfly was a risk, adding yellow to the busy background, and one I multi-stamped it, it fell into the background and didn't stand out as I had hoped. So I took a black marker and provided a shadow on the right edge of the wing and it brought it to the foreground right away! I know it is a busy looking card, but I love it!

I'm entering a few challenges with these beauties!

11 comments:

  1. Some gorgeous makes here. I especially love the one with the text in the background. That was a good way to use up those backgrounds.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a splendid selection of silhouette makes, all lovely

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work!!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four colorful beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving those striking butterfly designs, Cindy! So very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are all beautiful! Wonderful takes on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! You're on fire, Cindy. These are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning collection of cards Cindy and each so different.
    We do prefer to see a little more 'white space' on our CAS cards at Less is More but thanks so much for sharing this week.
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards- love the backgrounds with the butterflies and how they come to life with the movement on the cards. The flowers are so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindy what beautiful work! As Sarah says, don't forget the 'white space' for Less is More submissions :)
    Thank you so much
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great selection of cards, loving the double border edge on your silhouetted card. As my teamies have mentioned, a little more white space is preferable at Less is More but thanks so much for sharing these with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!